“The best advice I ever got was from another foster child…we shared the same room in a stranger’s house. She said I should never give up and never think that I am worthless.” ~Niama, age 11
Here’s a listing of all the supplies our team of travel agents will be taking to distribute to kids in foster care:
– New and nearly new suitcases, travel bags and duffel bags
– New and nearly new clothes
– New linens including new twin bed sheets, towels and wash cloths
– New toiletries including shampoo, toothpaste, soap, deodorant, feminine supplies (i.e. tampons and sanitary napkins) and more
– New school supplies including notebooks, calculators, rulers, #2 pencils, crayons, composition books and more
Monetary donations will also happily be accepted and distributed to the charity of your choice
Every donor will receive a 25 dollar gift certificate towards travel for each donation of suitcases, clothes, linens, etc… Ask your participating travel agent about this offer!
Interested in Becoming a Drop Off Location?
Dear Potential Drop Off Locations, Volunteers, Partners and Humanitarians,
First and for most thank you all so much for your participation, we were aired on ABC action news last night.
A story on making an impact, giving children who are abused or feel abandoned and neglected a piece of dignity. And how you can help to do that without even spending a dime.
The response has been overwhelming; it’s amazing, and exciting. I appreciate all of you helping especially right before the holidays for www.itsmybag.cool. Please be patient this is still very new and happening so very quickly. We’re correcting and adding the drop off locations on the site, seems like every minute.
We of course want to make this successful but then again, we also understand you are running a business and busy yourselves. I don’t want to take up too much of your time doing this, so I’ve come up with a plan to make this work smoothly in an expedited manner for all dropped off bags.
Below you will find bullet points on how this will work and help promote your business as well..
- As a drop off location we need your full name, business name, address, phone number, website and email.
- You have to have a physical business location no residential.
- The next thing is if you would like to add a promotion we will include it with your business content. For example Elite Travel is giving $25.00 towards a travel package
33920 US Highway 19 North Suite 251
Palm Harbor, Florida 34684
PROMO: $ 25.00 Gift Certificate Towards a travel package
If we have a charity in your location we will advise you of those charities, if we don’t have one in your location we may need your help to find the appropriate charity.
- Look for other drop off locations near you where you can work strategically together it will benefit you.
- We will send you a generic flyer that you can put your contact info on and you can print in full color or blast email.
- Attached you will find a banner that you can put on your website to link to the website as well as printing your gift certificates.
- We will notifying the donators that a phone call or contact to you must take place before drop off.
- Once you get the bags delivered we need to take account of how many bags you collected and take photos, we will share it on the website and adding more exposure for you.
- Once you have a certain amount of bags we can either coordinate pick up or drop off to the charity whatever is convenient for you.
- If we can involve any media please contact me directly.
Thank you for being part of the beginning of something great! These Children certainly need our help, please help us spread the word especially before the holidays. If you have any additional questions or concerns please contact me directly.